Mar 7, 2011

Day 6

My favorite book. Are you kidding me? Give me a book and I'm happy. I think West made a serious mistake giving me that kindle for my birthday, I'm always getting lost in it. I generally like to read, and am generally happy to read, but I'm kind of picky in what I read. Almost snobbish. I don't like murder thrillers. And I thought Twilight was OK. Until the fourth book then she completely lost me. I love "classics". And I love John Grisham. There's one writer who doesn't fall into the category of "if you've read one, you've read them all". I do like some of his books better than others. And I own every one of them. My favorite of his is The Chamber.
I'm currently (thanks to free downloads on my kindle) working through Jane Austen's classics. Can't beat hard core chick flick and old English customs and language :)
And I loved Charles Dickens' Great Expectations: Though I'm always looking for more modern writers that I can get in to. If you have any suggestions of books or authors drop me a comment :) (and pre-empting that I'm going to say that yes, i read Hunger Games. I thought it started out good but lost steam. Though I think she kept true to the feeling of her story and characters so over all it was good).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...