And we ran into the kids' uncle Kyle:
Aug 25, 2010
Raging Waters
For as much as I say it you would think that I've lived a very lame life... well... I never thought so but I love the adventure that West has brought for me :). And half of the stuff is actually my idea (like Raging Waters LOL) but he goes along with it which is awesome and I love him. Raging Waters has a deal that you can get 2 for $20 on the 20th of every month. We decided to make it a work party for West's employees and took our family. 












Mike and Amanda, an employee of West's and his wife... they were so much fun to hang out with :)


And we ran into the kids' uncle Kyle:





The bees were loving our opened cans of pop so we used our empty chip bags as "can hats" to keep the stinkin' bees out of our drinks.

These slides are insane and I was scared beyond belief to try them. I first tried to slide on the right, and as much as I love water, I HATE heights! As I went over the edge of the slide my body left the slide and I pretty much just free fell down, as I couldn't control my fear any further and started gasping in pure terror, I slid onto the slide. By the time I pulled myself out of the pool I was shaking so badly I could barely pull myself up on the bleachers to wait for West (pictured):
At the end of the day they wanted to try these slides again. I was so terrified but wanted to see if I could make it back up and over the rise of the slide on the left. We'd been noticing all day that the only people who made it up and over this hill with no problem were the heavier set men. Heavier set men would fly over this and fly to the end of the pool. People more like myself would struggle and pull themselves up. West and Mike were giving me crap about needing to make it back up, and I told them to get ready to make fun of me because there was no way I was making it. My stomach was churning and I felt weak in the news but I climbed those stairs and waited in torture in that line. I placed my matt on the slid and pushed off. The key to getting over that rise was speed, right? I think FREE FALLING for the second time that day gives you a lot more speed. I'm sure the lifeguard who stands at the bottom before the rise was laughing because as I fell the the fear gripped me and I started gasping audibly. I hit bottom, and literally flew back up, catching air, not free falling down the other side again, and THEN, as if that weren't all enough, I flew over the pool to the stairs with such speed that a guy in line had to jump in and stop me before I bashed into the cement edge of the pool. Who can catch air like a fat man? ME, ME! Do you believe it? Join us next year, maybe I'll see if I can do it again... maybe.
And we ran into the kids' uncle Kyle:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment