Oct 10, 2011

One last time

Have you ever done that? "I'm waking up at 5 a.m. for the last time. I've cut my last check. I'm logging out of this system for the last time. I'm clocking out for the last time. I'm driving this commute for the last time..."
But I haven't said good bye to my friends at Burt Brothers for the last time. They can't get rid of me that easily.
Ron Burt (owner) told me he wouldn't say this for just anyone, but he's leaving the door open for me. If I need to come back, he'll find a way for me to do it.
I don't think I'll be needing to go back though. I'm going to rock it at the AG's office.
Still, when he said he doesn't usually miss his employees, but he was sure going to miss me, it brought tears to my eyes. Maybe I don't want to admit it, but I'm going to miss them too.
How sweet was Chance the receptionist to give me this?
I loved lunch with Tina and Kelcey (thanks Wendel!). And I may or may not have shed a tear or 50 with Tina when she gave me a card with a wonderful note in it.
The thing is, I have walls. I know I have walls. And I know why I have those walls. We won't get in to that right now. But once I finally let someone in, they are a part of my life forever. I am fiercely loyal and forever grateful that they are there for me. Tina is one of these people. I may or may not miss her, actually, I'm leaning towards may not. Because I'm going to email her everyday and I'm pretty sure we're just going to have to hang out now that we can't be at work together. You get kind of attached to someone after spending most of your time with them for the past four years.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Congrats on the new job Steph! You really are going to do awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...